Wednesday, September 10, 2008

{Hooked on Phonics}

Autymm and her Dad!!
Isn't it a great feeling when your child is learning to read? For me it is a sign of relief, joy and it makes my heart melt. Januaree had such a hard time (still does) that I was afraid that Autymm would have the same Dyslexia problem. (You know the statistics show when you have one dyslexic child you are prone to have more) Autymm however, loves to read. She likes to look at books and to read them. She loves her dad to read to her, and she reads the words that she knows. Her teacher wanted all of her students to bring in a picture of them reading by themselves or to someone. I think her teacher is smart to have that be a positive reminder in the classroom that reading is important.
I just started to read again the summer of last year. Since then I have to always have my nose in a good book. I don't know why I ever lost the love to read. But I am glad that my kids have encouraged me to pick up a book and to be a good example. After all how are my kids going to love to read if they never see their mom and dad reading?

1 comment:

Ingersoll Family said...

Truth be known, Jake is the one who needs hooked. Well we can all brush up on our reading skills. Love ya, Monica

Related Posts with Thumbnails