Saturday, September 20, 2008

{Getting Caught}

Get your mind out of the gutter!! I know what you are thinking and no, we haven't been caught since Jakes mom walked in on us. (I know get out all of your laughs now)
Have you ever looked back at a time when you thought that you got away with "Sneaking OUT" and you and your friends think at the time" Yes, we made it we are in the clear." I remember plenty of times PLENTY!! But you know I was in 6th grade and we went toilet papering and mom knew about it. Then in 7th grade still Innocent and sneaking out to toilet paper. 8th the same but it occurred more frequently (ya, we thought that we were cool). However, little Lehi was still "Little Lehi" not the gigantuouis Lehi it is now. If you grew up here you are all noddling your head right about now.
We could run around and toilet paper and be silly, but not these days. This little city has grown and now as a parent I get nervous. So here is the story.....

It was a Friday night and Janee had two friends sleeping over. We had an arrangement that she could only play until 10:30 (we thought we were being Farly lenient) and then the girls had to come in.
They complained a little and then came upstairs.
Me: Jake you need to tell Janee to not even think about sneaking out tonight.
Jake: Why, do you think they are going to?
Me: No I just have a gut feeling they might.
Jake:Janee come here a minute, I need to talk to you.
Jake: Goodnight sweetheart, oh and don't even think about sneaking out.
Janee: Oh.... Ok.
So Jake closed the door and we got into bed. 5 min later here came Janee.
Janee: Mom, can we just please go outside and tell the boys (cousin and his friend) we can't come out?
Me:No, dad said the curfue and I have to stick to it sorry.
Janee: Please!!!
Me:Nope sorry.
About 10 minutes go by, I get this feeling I need to go and check on them. I get out of bed and go down the hall. All of the upstairs lights are on... No girls. So I sneak downstairs, look in the family room. Light on, door unlocked (I could have sworn I locked that door) no Girls. I lock the door and shut off the light. As I am coming back the back door opens. It is friend #1 so I run into the living room hoping to not get caught.
Friend #1: Mandee?
Me: (friend) is Janee outside?
Friend #1: Ummmmm...... Ya, she is on the step telling the boys we can't play.
So I went to the door and swung it open. There stood Janee, friend #2 and Autymm. I scared the crap out of them.
Janee: Mom, sorry sorry sorry... we just had to tell them we couldn't play. But we couldn't find them so we just yelled it. Please don't tell dad.
Me: Don't lie to me Janee, I said do not go out there and you did. I should take them home right now. You are to young to be sneaking out. Plus, it is scary out there. Now get in here and stay in here.
Janee: K-K, please don't tell dad.
Me: Fine go to bed and don't let it happen again.
I go upstairs and go back to bed.
15 minutes later the door opens. Are you kidding me!!! So I swing open my door and go flying down the stairs.
Me: Janee get your butt in here. What are you doing? You better tell those boys to go home. If your dad c0mes down he is going to be ticked off. I thought I told you to stay in the house?
Janee: I know mom, they knocked on the door. They didn't hear us when we yelled.
Me: Goodnight, We will talk later.
Needless to say this conversation ended up being a little deeper than I had planned but she took it well. Now dad took matters into his own hands and got a new alarm system that tells us in our room what door and window is open.
OOOPPPPPS, I guess no more sneaking out for you.
Sorry mom and dad for being such a pain in the butt. But you taught me well.

4 comments:

Brandan & Haylie said...

Reading your post brought back memories of sneaking out of the same house (when it belonged to your parents) and trying to be quiet so we wouldn't get caught. I'd have to say that I hope my daughters don't try it...I'm not so sure that I would be able to be calm about it.

leslie jo said...

hehe that is funny. I never snuck out, or TP'd I was too chicken. Way to stick to your guns! It's a scary world out there.

leslie jo said...

hehe that is funny. I never snuck out, or TP'd I was too chicken. Way to stick to your guns! It's a scary world out there.

leslie jo said...

hehe that is funny. I never snuck out, or TP'd I was too chicken. Way to stick to your guns! It's a scary world out there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails