I was going to try to upload some pics of the people whom we remember this great Memorial Holiday, however I was unable to do that so I thought that a stroll down memory lane would be a great way to remember them.
My Grandma and Grandpa Hansen- What a great set of parents that my dad had. When I think of grandma I remember things like hot rolls, baking all of the time, sore feet (always wanting me to rub them) sleepovers with Courtney, playing cards "Rummi" every Sunday. She was always on guard I could never sneek out or drive home late thinking my dad would not notice because I knew grandma would catch me out her kitchen window. Grandpa, always outside tinkering around, bailing hay, drinking coffee morning noon and night. Playing cards, rough hard working hands, farmer, collector of sorts. I hold a dear spot in my heart for them. My sweet Autymm Rae has never met grandma but she always wants to go to the cemetery and give her a hug. We go their often and put flowers and decor for the months and seasons. We miss them and love them, I miss getting that famous hand wave in the kitchen window as she washed her dishes even though she had a dishwasher.
My wonderful glorious fabulous Grandma Kae- I say this because she always was dressed and pressed. Make-up, jewels, hats, gold and silver shoes, the works! Many say that the older I get the more I look like her, I guess that is why they middle named me Kae. I miss her so much. She was one of the reasons that I am who I am. Strong, self-esteemed, confided, loving and outgoing. She taught me to be proud of who I am and always hold my head high. I love her and miss her so much.
My Uncle Mike Hansen (my dads brother) Now he was a great man, he taught the family so much. He was insightful, spiritual, and very knowledgeable of the church. He had such a strong testimony of the gospel and the church. We miss him and his inspiration.
6 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment