Today Thursday May 9 2008 We lost a piece of our little family. "Moose Gillen" He was a great dog. When a puppy I trained him in the three stages of classes at Pets Mart. I took him clear up to the Rescue Dog training. He is what you would call the gentle giant, giant loaf of bread, big boy or my personal favorite sweetheart. He will be greatly missed by all, friends, family and especially me his mom. We bought him right after Autymm was born, what a sweet boy then so full of life but loved me clear through today. I found out that he had not one but two blown out knees (in the back) that is why he kept falling down. His knees just couldn't take the weight. He was sick and in pain. Today we relieved him of his pain and now he is running with the big dogs up in doggie heaven. Moose baby we love you and when I say we I mean me, Jake, Janee, Autymm, Daisy, and Kylo. Thank you for showing us how to live and love. You were "some dog".
6 years ago






5 comments:
Oh that is so sad.. but of course he is happier. I remember when we had to put Sasha down for the same reason just too old to even get up. I wish you many happy days ahead.
I hope you can remember all the happy times with Moose. I think dogs were put here for us to remind us how to love each other unconditionally! I've learned more about love from my two crazy Weims than I ever imagined!
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
-Samuel Butler
Sorry Mandee! That is so hard. I am sorry that you guys have to go thru this, but I am sure that you could not have continued to watch him in pain either. What a tough decision. Hang in there!:)
I am sorry! That is so sad. He was adorable.
Post a Comment