Monday, May 5, 2008

{McKenzie Houghton Fundraiser}

On Thursday May 1st 2008. Me Jake Midge and Jay all went to a fundraiser for one of Janee's friends cousin whom has cancer. I was a benefit dinner and live, silent auction. We had a great time, all proceeds went towards McKenzie for treatment. We found that she was going in for bone marrow the next day. She was there, so beautiful and full of life. She is obviously a fighter! We felt so blessed to be a part of this wonderful cause. I couldn't believe the things that were auctioned off in the live auction. Miley Cyrus tickets for the Stadium of Fire for a set of four tickets on the grass they went for $9000.00 and several Utah Jazz items went anywhere between $4,000.00 and $5,000.00. Jake and I bought a generator and a big spice gift basket. Midge won tickets to the Cure concert and bought a candle basket. We did try to bid on things but WOW they went fast for a high price. I was there when Januaree's friend brought a check to her mom and said a man brought this by for a donation for Mckenzie for $5,000.00 That melted my heart. What a blessing it is for this family that the community, friends and family all could pull together to help this wonderful young woman.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails