Have any of you had to do something just because that is what your mom (or dad) did? I have this funny story. We all know that I am not a plant lover, Why?? because I kill the poor things. I have no gardener in me whatsoever. But when Jake and I were shopping for flowers and shrubs for the outside I had a blast from the past and it hit me in the face. I remember skinning my knee, or having a mosquito bite, anything that screamed owwwwieeeee!!! My mom would always go over to this green plant cut off a piece, slice it open and say put this on it and it will make it feel better. This green plant was an Aloe Vira Plant. I can remember thinking Wow!! my mom is so smart she gets medicine from a plant and I don't even have to go to a doctor! I loved the smell and the texture. Sometimes I would just cut a piece off when she wasn't home just to play with it.
Then bam back to the year 2008 I was. Standing in the greenhouse, I just had to have one of these little green plants. I told Jake I needed one, he laughed and said why? you are just going to kill it. After explaining that it is what my mom did and it brought me good memories, he said just get the damn thing and let's go. (Can't you just see him saying that?)
Now the reason why I knew I could get this plant and be ok, is because you don't have to water this plant an awful lot. So needless to say now I am the one who is always putting goop on my kids owees, and I hope when they get older they buy themselves an aloe vira plant and share this with there kids.
**** Remember: It is the little things in life that we all remember!







3 comments:
That is soooo funny! We always had an aloe vera plant around our house too! And same thing, no matter what we did, Mom cut off a piece and gooped us up!
I think that must have been in my "Granola" days although I must admit it did save on expensive medicine in the early years!
So when you kill that thing....Walmart sells aloe vera goop in a bottle.
It is by the pharmacy.
(snicker)
Post a Comment