Saturday, August 23, 2008

{Crazy Mom}

I have to say first off that it sucks knowing that you have a chemical imbalance, and you have to take a "crazy pill" to make you feel normal. However, I am very grateful that medicine has come this far that I don't have to become a raging alcoholic to feel "normal".
What is Normal anyway? For the past two days things have been crazy, and when I say crazy I mean crazy. Between School, and working out and cleaning the house, laundry and BLOGGING what else could be happening right? Wrong.... As you read in one of my earlier posts one of my friends little boys was hit by a car on Thursday morning and killed. So that has been pulling at my heartstrings just a little. So ok lets get to the point. I forgot to take my medication two days in a row. Keep in mind that my doctor says that its bad to miss one dose but to miss two can make you very sick. And sick is what happened. I was on my way to my brothers football game when I started to feel yucky. Kind of like the flew but I was feeling a little woozy. I made Jake pull over to the gas station and yup, I hucked up a lung. Wow I was sick. It didn't hit me that I forgot to take my pills until at that moment. I had to cancel on my poor brother and all I wanted to do is come home and sleep and cry. My chemicals were all screwed up. Jake the sweetheart that he is just hugged me and told me it would be ok, and to just rest. He also said "Please don't forget to take your medicine again" I know that it isn't good for my body and I learned my lesson. When I woke up this morning Janee and her two friends made me breakfast in bed. What sweethearts!! You can bet your butt that I took my pill early this morning. Now that I have experienced the sight effects I hope I never again forget to take my very important medicine. I am saying this though there is nothing wrong with getting help for yourself if you start not feeling like yourself. It took me a long time to swallow my pride and go into the doctor and share how I was feeling. *sleepy all of the time, *didn't want to get dressed or ready in the mornings, *gaining weight, short temper, crying (alot) for no reason, * yelling at my kids, these are just some of the symptoms that I was experiencing. If you feel this way its ok, I have been there. Now I feel so much better, I just have to make sure I take my medicine and I am a happy person!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails