Why do kids have to get cancer?
That is my question for why Wednesday. I have recently been hit with this question. My sweet little cousin who is only 14 years old has been struck by this awful thing that we call "Cancer". We found out on Wednesday of last week. She had been sick for some time now and all of the testing that she was having done didn't show anything out of the ordinary. Her mom (being the great mom she is) used that mother intuition and made them do more testing. She was at Primary Childrens Hospital and had a MRI done. That is where they saw the tumor, growing in her head trapped by her skull. At this time they didn't know if it was Cancer or just a big mass. They needed to keep her to do more testing, and bless her little heart she pulled through like a champ. They did a spinal tap and some other tests. We were there bright and early Monday morning, they were going to do a biopsy and see, however we found that the angels were already working on our side right before they took her in some of the blood work came back and it showed them that is was a yolk sack tumor and it was cancer. If they would have done surgery it would have been bad news bears but like I said the angels were watching over us and they decided that she would need intensive Kemo for the next three days and then come back in 3 weeks for 5 days and 3 more weeks for 3 more days. We are hoping and praying that this will eat the cancer and it will be shrunk down to almost nothing, then they can go in and remove it.
Again my question is WHY????? If I could take this burden off of her I would, she is only 14, she will loose all of her beautiful hair, however I know she is a fighter and together we can beat this.
6 years ago






5 comments:
Oh, Mandee, I'm so sorry about your cousin. I don't have the answer as to why kids get cancer, but I do know that Heavenly Father loves us and gives us trials we cannot comprehend to help us learn and grow. That's not always the answer we want though! We love your family and wish your sweet cousin the best.
Mandee this isn't any of our cousins right? I don't have an answer either but I do agree that the man upstairs has a plan for us all and their is a time and season for everything.
I'm so sorry your family has to go through that! Cancer is so evil! I don't understand why kids have to go through it either. A guy at my work is going through that same thing with his 12 year old son. His liver is full of cancer. She will be in our prayers!
The answere to this we will never know, but she has an awesome support system with her family, and I know she can beat it and will!
I agree! Cancer is EVIL! It is a mystery exactly WHY kids have to go through any of the stuff that they do. I believe they are stronger and they are more full of faith. We will keep her in our prayers.
Post a Comment