Does any one else have a problem that on FM 100 they are already playing Christmas music? I mean honestly, why do they have to start playing on November 1st? And why is it, when you go to all of the stores and they have all of their fall stuff 70% off? Including the Thanksgiving stuff? Hello, it makes me sick! People get so wrapped up in the Christmas huffle and scuffle that they seem to forget about a very important holiday THANKSGIVING!!! We need to be grateful for what we have, sit and reflect on what is important in our lives. So at my home we do not set up the Christmas tree or one Christmas decoration until the day AFTER!! THANKSGIVING... Don't get me wrong I love Christmas and the whole holiday, I just think that people need to remember this special day. Does anybody else fill this way?







8 comments:
I sure do! I hate that all the stores have christmas trees up and lights out ect... And yup it is so sad that Thanksgiving is so forgotten
I hear ya.. My kids started singing christmas songs and I said-- NOT YET!!! I need to have turkey day before I can get into christmas.
yeah i have many pet peeves about the holiday's.... no lghts up before thanksgiving... the tree at thanksgiving bugs me ... and deffinatly the tunes the day after halloween.... calm down people... take one holiday at a time... christmas is such a total crazy mess... people killing eachother over the latest gadget.... NOT WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT FELLA'S....i'm with you... i defenitly agree
I agree it is so sad. I admit because of weather I may put my lights up but they will NOT be turned on till after the day of thanks! It's just all about money anymore!
I agree! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for the reasons you mentioned.
Amen, Sista! There's a radio station that I generally really like here in Boston that has started playing Christmas music too. I was surfing the channels and the Muppets singing the 12 Days of Christmas comes on. My kids laughed and loved it so I let it stay on for a minute. When it was over I had to shake myself sane again and dedicate myself to boycotting the station...FOREVER! That'll teach them.
I'm guilty, I put Christmas up before Thanksgiving, not because I skip it and forget about it. For me Thanksgiving is that day only and we enjoy and spend time with loved ones. I'm very thannkul all year long and for me Christmas just ties in with it.
I'm with ya!
Post a Comment