Today has been a great, but long day. First thing this morning I woke up and tried to gear up and get ready to run the 4th of July Independence 5k and 1 mile walk. All proceeds went to supporting adoption. Mind you this was my first 5k ever!!! I was nervous to say the least. So I go sign in right and I see all of these "marathon runners" I am an amature right so immediately I am very intimidated. I had no expectations in winning but man I didn't know these things were so serious. People stretching, running in place, their game faces on.
Just when I thought that things were at there worst I turn on my ipod and wouldn't you know it, there is only 10% battery life. It died before we even started. Then they start the race at 10:00 in the morning so it was hotter than *#!! When they said go I got mixed in with the shuffle of all of the runners. I thought I was doing pretty well, then I realized we were running right down the middle of the parade route. People cheering, you would think that, that would make things easier, but no the pressure was on. I have to fully admit, I stopped and moved to the side, I was going to give up and just walk the "fun mile" letting everyone pass by me. Then I decided NO, I said I was going to run this and by damn I am. So I put my speedy Micheal Jackson shoes to the test. Passing up most of the others that passed me things were good. No I was not the winner but I didn't come in last either.
Just when I thought that things were at there worst I turn on my ipod and wouldn't you know it, there is only 10% battery life. It died before we even started. Then they start the race at 10:00 in the morning so it was hotter than *#!! When they said go I got mixed in with the shuffle of all of the runners. I thought I was doing pretty well, then I realized we were running right down the middle of the parade route. People cheering, you would think that, that would make things easier, but no the pressure was on. I have to fully admit, I stopped and moved to the side, I was going to give up and just walk the "fun mile" letting everyone pass by me. Then I decided NO, I said I was going to run this and by damn I am. So I put my speedy Micheal Jackson shoes to the test. Passing up most of the others that passed me things were good. No I was not the winner but I didn't come in last either.
Then we came back, I showered and we went to the kids rodeo. That was fun my very own little autymm caught a chicken, for the second year in a row. Congrats!!! My sweet little bro road a fast calf! He did great!
Next came the big nap! That's right I said nap.
Ok here is for the big night the Oakley Rodeo. Fun stuff, awesome fireworks, and our good friend steer wrestled and did great. Congrats to Tom Lewis!! He was in the running for some good cash. Ride'm cowboy!!!!
And that was our fabulous 4th of July!!







2 comments:
You are amazing! Congrats on this race I couldn't ever do it. You Rock!!! I never knew Lehi had a kids rodeo soo fun!
I am so proud of you!! I am serious! I have never run a 5K, I am quite sure I would quit mid-way. I am an endurance person like that...(snort)
Post a Comment