Tuesday, January 20, 2009

{History in the Making}

"U.S. President Barack Obama leans in to kiss his youngest daughter Sasha as his wife Michelle and oldest daughter Malia look in after being sworn-in as the 44th President of the United States during inauguration ceremony in Washington, January 20, 2009."
As I was trying to wake up this morning, we had the T.V. on Fox 13 and the news was on and following the Inauguration Ceremony. As I laid their with my eyes squinting at the television listening to what was going on, I have to say I had hope in my heart for America. I can honestly say that I was not one that was happy to have him win the election. However, listening to what changes he wants to make and the things that he plans to do, I am starting to have faith in the man. I too think that he has his work cut out for him. He didn't step into a upbeat, confident America. The recession is killing all of us in one way or another, plus the war in Iraq isn't something that any of us would want to make judgement calls on. I saw history made today, and hearing Americans gathering together in Washington,while waiting for the inauguration there was singing and it was happening in unison, strangers were making friends with strangers. Americans pulling together to make this event happen. That is America, we are strong, friendly and powerful. So good luck President Obama, do great things for our country!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails