Friday, December 12, 2008

{Charlie Brown Christmas}

Is this what your tree looks like? Mine usually does but......


This year we are going to have a Charlie Brown Christmas.









Jake: Charlie Brown
Mandee: Lucy
Janee: Snoopy
Autymm: Lynis
Are you wondering why I am saying that we are going Charlie Brown this year? Do you all remember the Charlie Brown Christmas Special that comes on TV every single year? (If you don't know what I am talking about where have you been?) Ha Ha well as all of you know they decorate this sad little tree. It is sparse in branches and has big holes, not very tall and well every Christmas ornament they put on it fell off? Yup, you guessed it. That is our tree this year. Jakes little bro had a friend who was generous enough to cut down a tree for us. I have to admit when I saw this little tree for the first time I did laugh. But in all fairness I thought no let's give this little guy a chance. So being the brave little Lucy I am, I picked this tree up and shoved it through the door and stood it up in the family room in the tree stand and all. i must say that i was quite proud of myself. Then i took a step back and Oh NO!! the top was bent over because it was to tall. Needless to say Jake or I mean Charlie had to cut the bottom off to make it work. we get it up and laughter fills the air. He consistently is saying we can go and get a different tree, and I am insisting that I can make this tree work.
I got the lights on...... and plugged them in. "Glamorous" then I go for the gold pulling out the Christmas ornaments and finally getting into the holiday spirit music is blaring the works..
I start at the top my angel. Well she it hanging on by a small branch, and everything else I put on this tree fell off by the time I got to the middle of the tree. My sister said maybe you should put things further to the back that way they will stay. Ok, NOT my jingle bell fell off into the water below. Oh Nuts, so Here is a picture of our tree this year.. Sad but true.
I will say I am grateful for the tree and what it represents, I just get this crazy decorating thing from my mom. We always had the perfect tree and I have tried to have that for my kids but whoops, looks like mom didn't succeed this year. Oh well this is definitely a Christmas that I will always remember.
Our Tree...


5 comments:

Amy said...

oh Mandee! That is awesome! ha ha ha ha ha. I love it!

Mandy said...

Ha ha ha! These are what make Christmas awesome! I bet your kids will remember this tree more than the perfectly decorated tree you ever do!

Ali said...

That is the shittiest tree I have ever seen! Better Luck next year..... Just Kidding, at least you have one

Anonymous said...

I love Charley Brown Trees... we go cut our own tree every year and they are always somewhat on the sad side. I just shove rag Santa's and pillows in the holes-lol.

Jess said...

Our tree looks a bit like that every year. I love it! But our memory is in the cutting of it ourselves. I love the tradition of hiking to find our "perfect" tree. We get it home and I think "gosh, it looked so perfect in that forrest?!?!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails