Tuesday, December 2, 2008

{Black Friday}

I ask myself every year WHY???? do i put myself in a death trap each and every year, come black friday? I mean wowzers!!!! This by far was the craziest year ever and I didn't get crap! So there I was standing in line for a "special" item at Wal Mart I wasn't very far away from the "item" in fact I could see the prize with my eyes! There it was, a whole pallet of these things. Unfortunately there were lines forming all around the pallet. I knew it was going to be a close call of even getting one because as the time got closer and closer people started pulling out and stacking up to 10 of these items ready to take them when it was time. It was 4:53 am and we were starting to get squishy, when all of the sudden the people at the power wheels pallet yelled "GO" Holy crap it was a mad house. The line I was standing in was no longer a line the pallet had fallen over because so many people raided it. I could only hear a woman scream "get off of me" "Get off of me" I look and there was a shopping cart up side down and under neath it was this woman getting trampled on. I tried to budge the cart off of her but people kept shoving and pushing. Finally a young man yelled "back the fun up" and pulled the cart off of her and threw it down to the side and pulled her up. Bless her heart, after all that she came up with the "item" !! I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. How can people be so lost in the reason for the season that they could allow themselves to act like this. So sad if you ask me. I love to go and shop on this crazy day, but man if these things keep happening it is going to take all of the fun out of this special day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That was my first time! Wow, it might be my last, i'm not willing to risk my life to save a few bucks. It looked like you had some goods in your hands when I saw ya! We should have planned better and all gone together, then we would have had more people on our side.

Anonymous said...

wow you are a brave girl... I have never went shopping on black Friday, I would pay triple the price before I put myself through that-lol.I'm not much of a shopper anyways (in fact I hate it) so to fight a crowd just doesn't even sound fun to me :0)

Anonymous said...

Always remember NEVER GO TO WALMART. I hate going there on a normal day let alone the busies shopping day of the year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails