Sunday, October 12, 2008

{Update on Sweet Jaquell}

As many of you know my sweet cousin has a brain tumor. On Friday at 12:00 pm she went in for the scariest moment of her life. She went in to have the tumor removed. We got to Primary Childrens Hospital at 11:00 and she was already in the back prepping for the surgery. In the waiting room there had to of been at least 30 people there to support this 14 year old sweetheart. I have been thinking alot about her and a gift that could say I love you. So what did I decide? To do what I know how I made her a scrapbook. This book is different than any other scrapbook. There were no pictures just places for people to write a little note to let her know how much she is loved. I wanted her to know that she is loved and cared for.
The surgery on a scale from 1-10 in severity this surgery was a 9. They made the first call shortly after taking her back, they said her vitals were good and they were just getting ready to get started. Next call was at about 2:30 and they said they that her vitals were still good and they were ready to get started removing the tumor. They called again at about 3:30 and said that she was doing well and they are having to remove it piece buy piece. Finally they called at 6:45pm and said they are confident that they got it all and it was stubborn. They have to do radiation to confirm but they were confident. That was the best news that could have been given. Our sweet little Jaquell beet the odds again.

5 comments:

Halversen Happenings said...

I was hoping you would post about Jaquell. I am happy to hear that things went well. Please send everyone my love and let them know that we are thinking about them.

Mandy said...

I'm so glad to hear she is at least doing "better." We wish her the very best! And your book is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

No other place sucks as bad as PCMC. I used to laugh at how many parking slips I could accumulate in my car. I am so glad Jaquell is doing ok. My thoughts are with you!

Kathryn said...

Pat, hello!! How is sweet Jaquell, doing now? I know PCMC is a scary place, but they do know how to take care of things. Please let me know if you or the family need anything. Also very cute book!! She will treasure that forever. Thinking about and love you lots!!
Love Shim

Leesa said...

I m so glad things went well with her. What a scary thing for a child to have to face at such an early age. She is very brave and my prayers are with all of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails