Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Luck of the Irish

Midge and Madge in front of these cool houses with grass roofs.
I thought that you would only see this in a Shirley Temple movie!

Isn't this Castle Cool? This is the Blarney Castle. We were able to climb clear to the top and bend down and kiss the famous Blarney Stone. Inside is just as beautiful as the outside. The staircase is windy and very narrow. Some of the floors have fallen through but WOW!! Great Experience. This is just one of the many castles we saw in Ireland.

Funniest story we were driving down the road and someone on the bus dared me to jump out of the bus and "grab the bull by the horns" and if you know me DON'T DARE ME!! So as you can see our awesome bus driver stops the bus in the middle of the road and I run off and hurry and climb up on the bull. It was great. Alot of people got off of the bus and took pictures of me and Midge. People that were from Ireland thought that I was crazy, you should have seen some of the looks I got.

We were in mid drive when we say these cute Irish kids off the side of the road holding their donkey, goat and a little dog in their basket. They let us take a picture with them for a small amount of Euro (money).

Bus driver Joe, Midge and Me!! What a fun loving little Irish man for a tour guide we had. He even had red hair. He made up our nick names for the trip and we were referred to as "Mork and Mindi" I know I know I was mork, but hey we had our laughs.

Mork and Mindi


In October Me and my friend Midge went to Ireland. Just the two of us as friends. We had a blast. However when we got to the airport in Chicago we then learned that we were going to share the next 9 days with "Senior Citizens" . We arrived in Killarny and boarded the bus. We took a look around and laughed. Little did we know, we were going to make great friends and have the time of our lives. We rode on the bus and toured all around Killarny. That was our stop for 4 days and then we made our way to Dublin. There we saw Hard Rock Cafe, streets smaller that our one lane on the freeway and they squeeze by one another. We were scared some of the time bus passing bus Ahhhhhhh! We toured more castles and went to a true Irish Dancing dinner show. Toured the city and went to many many sites. All in all I would recommend this trip to anyone. Me and Midge had a blast. Thanks Jake my dear hubby for allowing me to go and to have the time of my life with my dear friend Midge.

Midge- nickname really Mindi
Madge-nickname really Me Mandee
Mork- nickname really Me Mandee


Related Posts with Thumbnails